Healthy and Delicious: A Clean Banana Bread Recipe
Are you looking for a healthier version of banana bread? One that uses non-GMO foods, is low in sugar, and can even be high in protein? Look no further than this clean banana bread recipe!
This clean banana bread is not only delicious, but it's also good for you. Almond flour is a great alternative to traditional flour, as it is gluten-free and high in protein and healthy fats. Coconut oil is a healthier alternative to vegetable oil, as it is rich in medium-chain triglycerides, which can improve brain function and boost metabolism. Honey is a natural sweetener that is lower on the glycemic index than sugar, which means it won't cause a rapid spike in blood sugar levels.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla or unflavored)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and protein powder (if using).
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool before slicing and serving.
Alternative for vegans: Use 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes to thicken) instead of the eggs.
By using non-GMO ingredients and keeping the sugar content low, this clean banana bread recipe is a healthier option for anyone who loves this classic baked good. And with the option to add protein powder, it can even be a great snack for athletes or anyone looking to increase their protein intake.
Give this recipe a try and see how delicious healthy can be!